You are here
Continuous Improvement Coordinator
- Multi-national food manufacturer
- Opportunity to join a well established company and make a real difference
About Our Client
The Food Manufacturer are a family-owned company based in South West England is part of a wider organisation with a turnover of 2 billion Euros. It is a leading European fruit transformation and chilled dairy producer manufacturing the internationally famous brands, as well as many private label products. They have production facilities across Europe and beyond including the USA, China, and New Zealand.
The company believes in people above anything else. Its success has come from empowering hands-on, pragmatic individuals within a dynamic, solution-seeking and market-share winning organisation. Entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and consumer satisfaction is paramount. If you are willing to invest in the company the company will invest in you.
The work environment is fast, varied and "politic" free. Communication is uncomplicated and direct relying on the trust built through professional expertise and a real team player attitude.
There is pride within the organisation to be the manufacturer of simple, high quality food offering great value to the consumer. In short, an "international good food maker".
The Food Manufacturer is a major supplier of ambient fruit-based and chilled yogurts and desserts, dealing directly with all major retailers and sectors within the UK. They acquired a dairy site (180 people) and heavily invested in new, state-of-the-art, chilled desserts product lines, unique on the market.
The company has experienced rapid growth, doubling the size of the business in the last 4 years.
The Continuous Improvement Coordinator based in the South West will need to:
- To agree areas of focus with Factory Manager, to monitor, evaluate and recommend and realise improvements within these areas.
- To meet specific KPI's with regard to wastage, quality & efficiency.
- To work and coordinate with Technical, Engineering, production and external agents to develop best working practices.
- To evaluate departmental performance and introduce methods of monitoring and solving issues.
- To prepare departmental briefings as defined by the Factory Manager.
- To establish & initiate methods of monitoring to represent accurate performance analysis.
- To improve quality standards
- To assist in new product Launches
- To meet or exceed legislative requirements to define the required and relevant actions to enable the factory to meet the budget
- To decide levels and areas of focus on departmental performance areas.
- To decide the best methodology to apply.
- To recommend procedural changes to improve departmental performance.
- To coordinate the actions taken and to respect the deadlines
- To respond to customer audits, site demands.
- Prioritising tasks against production demands.
- Decide what additional work and spares may be required.
- Methods of improving operations
- Understanding of business requirements and making decisions with these facts in mind.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant for the Continuous Improvement Coordinator will be:
- Ability to interact effectively with Customers, Department Managers and staff at all levels.Good Technical Knowledge.
- Understanding of dairy technology, filling room protocols and implications to the business.
- Organised and methodical.
- Ability to motivate and involve staff. Good communicator.
- Know the human tools of the continuous improvements.
- Understanding of operation of machinery and processes.
- Logical, clear and concise thinker.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Continuous improvement mentality.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in written form. Works as a team.
- Able to see broader picture.
- Multi tasking proficient.
- Ability to evaluate problems and focus the ideas of other to find workable solutions.
- Level headed, problem solver.
- Good organiser.
What's on Offer
£30,000-35,000 based on experience.