You are here
Continuous Improvement Engineer
- identify opportunities for improvement using a variety of tools such as VSM, KPI
- Apply Lean principles such as Kaizen, Kanban, SMED, 5S, 5 Whys
About Our Client
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client supply Stainless Steel and Machined products into a range of industries and are proud to say they are the leaders in their field. Due to company expansion my client is now looking to streamline production and improve business output which has led to the requirement of a new Continuous Improvement Engineer based in Sheffield. This position may include travel to other sites if and when required.
JOB DESCRIPTION - Continuous Improvement Engineer / Sheffield:
Working alongside our existing Operational Excellence Manager, plant managers and other key managers, to drive and facilitate a wide range of operational improvement Initiatives using Lean principles across our facilities in Sheffield.
Based in Sheffield you should expect at times to spend 1-2 days per week at our other factories as and when projects demand. Some overseas travel may also be required from time to time.
The main duties include:
- Working with team managers to identify opportunities for improvement using a variety of tools such as VSM, KPI's etc.
- Working with a variety of operational teams including manufacturing, purchasing and sales order processing, to provide project leadership, coaching and lasting performance improvement.
- Apply Lean principles such as Kaizen, Kanban, SMED, 5S, 5 Whys and visual management etc. to implement and sustain improvement activities.
- Train, coach and mentor teams to promote and instil Lean processes throughout the operation.
- Gather and analyse accurate information to facilitate effective decision-making.
- Facilitate change by maintaining excellent two-way communication with employees collectively via regular team briefings.
- Initiate capex proposals to support change from concept through feasibility to implementation.
- Ensure our ERP system is effectively utilised to support the business needs.
- Promote customer service excellence at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all EH&S systems and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS - Sheffield:
The candidate must be an enthusiastic, driven, self-starting, problem solver with a 'can do' attitude. They must be capable of managing multiple tasks, using their own initiative and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
The essential skills for the role are:
- A degree most likely in an engineering discipline, with MINIMUM 5 years post-grad experience.
- A recognised qualification or demonstrable experience in implementing Lean / 6 Sigma.
- A successful track record of change and process improvement.
- Customer focused and target driven
- Ability to identify solutions based on a mixture of analysis, experience and judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- An effective verbal and written communicator all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to coach and train others in Lean techniques.
- A self-motivated problem solver
- Excellent ERP and data analysis skills and experience.
- Possess excellent H&S awareness.
- Driving Licence.
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £33,000 Days Position