You are here
Continuous Improvement Engineer
- An exciting opportunity to drive improvements within an engaged organisation
- The chance to be a focal point in developping a entire improvement culture
About Our Client
My Client is an innovative continuous process manufacturer supplying a wealth of prosperous industries such as transport and building materials. They have built an enviable reputation for high volume-high quality products worldwide. Under the steer of an impressive new European Operations Director from a lean manufacturing background the entire business is embarking upon an exciting knowledge share and best practice initiative designed to place improvements at the heart of their operating strategy.
Reporting directly to the Quality Director the successful CI Engineer would have full design, project management and delivery responsibility for transformation initiatives.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide process consultancy and identify areas that would benefit from Lean initiatives
- Lead appropriate 5S, SMED and 8D initiatives, including running workshops and statistical analysis
- Champion the practical adoption of Continuous Improvement projects across the business
- Mentor and support all levels of staff in upskilling and having a stake in driving improvements
The Successful Applicant
The successful Continuous Improvement Engineer will have experience in an appropriate manufacturing environment, preferably in a specific CI/lean role.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A degree in a science, technology or engineering subject
- Experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Extensive knowledge of lean and continuous improvement methodologies
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and relationship building skills at all organisational levels
What's on Offer