You are here
Contracts Manager - New Build Residential
- Exceptional Contracts Manager for a Spec Housing Develope
- Residential Development is unquestionably essential
About Our Client
My client operates on a regional basis delivering quality high spec houses from 2 - 5 beds delivering between 650 and 850 units a year.
They are one of the largest and most much-admired housebuilders in the UK. Over the course of their business years, they have built a status for quality in everything they deliver.
Their product is known to be at the highest standard in the Market to date and have produced homes that customers love to live in. They are very passionate on delivering an outstanding service to each and every customer.
Throughout the years they have received five-star customer satisfaction rating from the Home Builders Federation and customer service reviews.
They ensure each employee reaches their full potential within their organisation and deliver high-quality training to everyone from entry-level trainees to experienced professionals.
- Monitor all personnel on site are working in accordance with all relevant Health & Safety regulations and codes of Practices.
- Ensure that all drawings and technical bulletins are kept up to date in line with architectural and design changes
- Carry out audits on sub-contractor performance -Setting construction programs, monitoring and maintaining them.
- Auditing finished units for quality prior to handover to customers
- Liaising with technical and commercial departments with regard to any changes or modifications to project modification
- Accountability for 4 + sites with circa 20 houses per site.
- Carry out technical feasibility review of site prior to Land Purchase Exercise
- Ensure that all contractors adhere to their requirements.
- Induct new starters on site; ensuring they hold the relevant CSCS Card and that they have a full understanding of the company Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and
- Ensure that the site is adequately secured at all times, that safe and acceptable working conditions
- Carry out statutory workplace inspections
- Accompany the Contracts Manager with management duties they may need you to participate in.
- Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident free site.
- Liaising with sub-contractors to ensure that the construction stages are kept within the build time
Previous experience within Project Management or Contracts Management is essential, and you should have up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation and Health and Safety legislation.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills and have an impressive financial and commercial awareness with the ability to negotiate and influence others decision on a pressured environment.
Being flexible & adaptable will go in your favour
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Contracts Manager you must be able to demonstrate the following;
Experience within spec building is essential
Experience of delivering projects on time
Hands on involvement from the planning stage to completion
Exceptional with people management and delivering the best from your team
A history of success form within a house building environment as a Site Manager and strong project management skills
Longevity working within the residential sector
You will have the ability to plan and make decisions with a customer focus and business awareness. You will be passionate about managing people, Ability to manage and track costs, you must have a CSCS card Site Management, SMSTS and be First Aid qualified.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work with a strong management team and develop their skills.
The ideal candidate will have up to 8 years' experience working on high end residential new build projects between £500,000 £1m in value. They will have experience running the project as a whole.
What's on Offer
Salary £50,000 - £70,000 (DOE) Car + package + Bonus Personal and Professional development
To apply for this position click apply or contact Charlotte Jones on 0115 9348 691 or 07920 831 252