You are here
Control Room Manager
- Control Room Manager required
- Automated Depot for a large 3PL
About Our Client
- Our client is a leading Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain business that is expanding across the UK. They have a variety of contracts with leading British brands and are looking for exceptional talent to assist the rapid expansion they are experiencing.
The purpose of the role will include the management of a site systematic control and administrators, within a Control Room to ensure smooth system and product flow to exceed operational KPI's.
The Control Room Manager should be technically minded with the ability to manage a small team and promote operational excellence within an evolving department. The role is the main point of contact for the site leadership team and will be required to meet set targets in line with the company's values.
Key accountabilities and measures
- Effective management of relationships between operations and Support teams with regular coaching sessions in place.
Effectively manage the Control Room Shift Managers to deliver site targets, using appropriate reporting tools to ensure performance meets the required standards. Identify and implement countermeasures where required
- Responsible for the work flow strategy & Management of system parameters to ensure optimal flow of product throughout the systems
- Drive cross functional working as one team to ensure delivery of site KPI's working at every stage to exceed customer expectation
- Conduct regular reviews of process and achievement at Shift/Department/Site level, and manage root cause analysis, corrective actions and sharing of best practice across all appropriate areas of the Logistics Function
- Manage Customer Failure Rate (CFR) to deliver target in pursuit of 100% delivery on time, every time
- Analysis and transformation of raw business information to provide factual data summaries
- Minimise stock inaccuracy at all stages through effective process management and adherence seeking out errors and process gaps, and work to ensure any 'rouge' stock is resolved in the shortest possible timescale
- Ensure clear, concise handovers are completed at all shift changes passing all of the key information and learning's to the oncoming shift to ensure seamless transitions
- Participate in regular reviews of operational process, the maintenance and review of SOP's and Risk Assessments
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday, office hours.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful candidate for the Control Room Manager vacancy MUST have the follwoing skills and experiences:
- Proven experience of leading a team in a Control room environment in an semi / automated distribution centre within a fast moving e-commerce and retail environment
- Detailed understanding of the functionality and operation of warehouse control systems for automated distribution centres
- Detailed understanding of the functionality of Red Prairie, Despatcher Warehouse management systems for automated distribution centres
- Flexible approach with a mentality to exceed targets through proactive management
- Understanding of Operational Excellence/Continuous improvement tools, techniques and problem resolution skills with the ability to apply these skills within the Distribution operation.
- A proactive and self-starting individual who seizes and acts upon opportunity. Instigates action, ideas and actively influences events.
- Understands commercial outcomes of decisions and the impact on other areas of the business
- Accomplished at motivating others within a logistics environment and able to develop an individual's skill and experience to meet personal and corporate goals whilst supporting the needs of the business.
- Delegates responsibilities appropriately and uses delegation as an opportunity to actively develop others. Provides constructive feedback and coaching/training as necessary, and allows delegates to use their initiative to accomplish tasks effectively.
- Presents information and proposals in a professional, structured and persuasive way. Strong verbal and in written skills which hold the audience's attention, both in a group and in one to one situations.
- Resilient and persevering. Continues to strive for attainable goals even when under pressure, does not allow performance to be adversely affected by difficult circumstances. Copes with disappointments and setbacks.
What's on Offer
- c. £37-£42k + benefits