You are here
Corporate Tax Manager
Are you a Fully Qualified Tax Specialist
Work in one of the regional offices for a Top 4 Accountancy Practice
About Our Client
Michael Page Finance are proud to announce our continued support with a regional top four client. My client are one of the top four accountancy practices, and one of the real market leaders within the St. Albans area.
There's a lot on offer, including a structured training process with the introduction of a new appraisal system designed to focus on employees strengths as opposed to their weaknesses, flexibility with working hours, the autonomy to manage your own work portfolio and an incredible work/life balance.
A well structured regional office with 30 people in tax within the St. Albans office, 10 which sitting primarily within corporate tax. The role itself dives into the complexities of corporate tax compliance with a degree of advisory.
- Manage a range of activities that together will result in high quality service for the clients in your portfolio including:
- Up-front scoping and engagement planning with clients
- Organisation of data collection approach
- Review and submission of tax accounting schedules
- Review and ultimate submission of corporation tax returns
- Opportunity spotting for related services and helping clients to manage their tax risk.
- You will be expected to have a high level of client contact in this role and will, of course, be expected to organise, monitor and manage your own work load.
- Budget management/monitoring and assist in the development of other staff as required.
In the role you will become involved in the running of the business in order to contribute to the growth and profitability of the business team. This will include continual development and involvement in the risk procedures for the business.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role, the candidate must be:
- Be ACA or CTA qualified (ideally through first time passes).
- Strong UK corporate tax skills.
- UK GAAP and IFRS tax accounting experience
- Has a highly developed client service ethos and can adopt a flexible approach to meeting client needs.
- Be able to establish, build and maintain a good working relationship with key decision makers, including partners and senior client personnel.
- Have the ability to help manage and build new business through referrals, networking and spotting client opportunities.
- Be an effective delegator, strong at coaching junior staff.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a growing business that offers exposure to an unrivalled range of clients and specialist tax areas. We offer a competitive salary and a wide range of flexible benefits.
What's on Offer
On offer £45,000 - £60,000 (dependent upon experience) and generous corporate benefits