You are here
Cost Accountant (Part-Time)
- International organisation
- Ownership of 200 cost centres
About Our Client
My client are a multinational organisation who are a global leader in their field, supplying industries as diverse as food, homecare and pharmaceutical. To give you an idea of their scale they employ over 29,000 staff in 40 countries and report sales topping $10bn.
Summary of key outputs/behaviours:
- Provision of timely, relevant and accurate insight on costs within central functions for senior stakeholders
- Ability to interpret the numbers and communicate a story
- Abililty to manipulate data and problem-solve
Main Activities in detail:
- Provision of the function Monthly Reporting Pack to the Vice Presidents and Directors along with individual Cost Centre Managers for a portfolio of functions including explanations of variances to budget.
- Prepare and submit on a rotation basis the Monthly Management Reporting to HFM from SAP across each of the nine management entities in accordance with group instruction and timetable.
- Support, analysis, reporting and reconciliation of fixed assets for central function and BU spend.
- Understand and support each Central Functions internal allocation model to ensure clear cost tracking and consistency of treatment between actual and budget.
- Maintain good financial discipline within the team though the management of the Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the coordination of the Budget and Forecasting process across the cost centre
- Working with the AGG Controller, European Tax, Procurement and Sales Teams in the preparation of the interim and final Value Chain Initiative (VCI) model for both Budget and Actual.
- Preparation of the half and full year reporting including the submission of the Statutory Reporting Packs.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant.
- Good understanding of the workings of a shared service finance function and international organisation including SAP and Hyperion Financial Management.
- A working knowledge of transfer pricing and indirect tax across European jurisdictions would be advantageous.
- Good communication skills and the ability to summarise financial information to financial and non-financial managers across the broad spectrum of co-workers.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with an attention to detail and enjoys problem solving.
What's on Offer
This role will pay a salary of up to £45,000, pro-rata for the 3 days per week required