You are here
- An SME manufacturing business in South Derbyshire.
- Looking for a 1qualified accountant with 5 years + in manufacturing.
About Our Client
A growing manufacturing business in South Derbyshire who are growing organically and pride themselves on being a great place to work are expanding their team. They want to ensure they get the right person for the job as this appointment will play a key part in building important relationships with the operational teams and will enable Finance to be fully integrated within the business.
This opportunity is a chance for an experienced candidate who has already got a great understanding of a manufacturing environment. The reason that this is important as the role will entail a lot of autonomy. Although there will be support from line and the rest of the Finance team it is important that the successful applicant is able to hit the ground running. The main areas of responsibility will be around; the ongoing analysis of projects, margins, process constraints and use of systems to provide costing information. There will also be elements of business partnering throughout the site which will require the post holder to liaise with departments across the business and build up strong relationships with non-finance staff.
- Analysis , reporting and preparation of gross margins by product and customer.
- Reporting on break-even points by product.
- Cost analysis of data
- As required; being able to support at month end, preparation of journals and inventory analysis evaluation
- Prepare physical inventory and cycle counts
- Evaluate standard vs actual cost for errors
- Validation of cost of goods as part of month end closure
- Liaise with operational departments in order to make efficiencies within obsolete inventory
- Ad hoc project work
- Adhere to financial reporting requirements
- Preparation of KPI reporting
- Support within preparation of budgets
The Successful Applicant
Successful Applicant for Finance Production Controller
- CIMA qualified or QBE (will not consider candidates who are currently studying or are completing their studies)
- Ideally 5 years + experience in a manufacturing environment as role require a degree of autonomy
- Experience with Cost Accounting Standards
- Must be adept at excel and be able to adapt to systems
- Strong analysis skills
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Team player and able to work well with teams of a non-finance nature
- Comfortable working autonomously and in a factory environment
What's on Offer
Depending on candidate experience the salary range is between £35,000 and £45,000