You are here
This position is now filled
Credit Risk Manager
£45,000 - £55,000
- Credit Risk Manager
- Edinburgh, Financial Services
About Our Client
My client is an Edinburgh based banking organisation, headquartered in Scotland.
Credit Risk Manager
- Alongside the Head of Credit Risk Systems and Infrastructure, the Credit Risk Manager will develop, build and maintain Credit Risk systems functionality (both application and customer management decision systems)
- Working with outsourced suppliers, design, build and implement appropriate application and customer management decisioning systems.
- Deliver continual improvement of Credit Risk systems and performance.
- Engage and partner with all stakeholders within the project life cycle; Deliver business cases; Drive forward requirements gathering process; Prepare detailed requirements documentation; Be accountable for User Acceptance Testing and ensure auditable documentation process for change.
- Ensure that the Credit Risk teams Data Warehouse (DW) requirements are understood by the DW team, and enhancements to the DW are managed appropriately
- Attend, when required, Retail Credit Risk Committee, and Change and Delivery Steering Groups, persuasively presenting Credit Risk's system change requirements
- Develop efficient and effective suite of MI, to monitor delivery of agreed systems performance to enable the business to meet its financial targets.
- Develop and maintain a network of external contacts within the risk industry to ensure that the bank understands all the latest credit risk systems initiatives and understands new product developments in the market place.
- Support relationships with Credit Reference Agencies and other Third Party software/service providers, identifying solutions which will improve the bank's Credit Risk capability.
- Ensure the principals of Conduct Risk are at the forefront of our credit risk strategies.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level.
- 5+ years experience in Retail Credit Risk Management.
- A background in Decisioning Systems (such as Experian Strategy Manager and FICO TRIAD) and/or Credit Risk Management is a prerequisite. However, training will be provided on required systems.
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Significant experience in a relevant financial services environment with a good understanding of retail products and channels.
- Excellent team player with a proven track record for motivating those around them (including geographically disperse and outsourced teams) to deliver results.
- Solid core skills of creativity, innovation and initiative. Good external network of contacts within the risk industry.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate successfully with colleagues at all levels up to and including Executive level, and build effective working relationships across the business (internal and external).
- Enthusiastically embraces change and understands the project management cycle.
- Sound knowledge of financial environment with excellent analytical skills - highly numerate.
- Highly PC literate with a good working knowledge of all Microsoft applications (Word/Excel especially). Experience in the use of SAS would be beneficial.
- First Class report writing and communication skills with the ability to present ideas persuasively to senior colleagues within the organisation (eg at Credit Risk Committee).
- Proven ability to interpret management information for Executive reporting.
- Proven ability to provide accurate information within tight timescales.
- An innovative, creative approach to problem solving.
What's on Offer
Â£competitive + package