You are here
Cyber Security Consultant - Penetration Tester, CREST, CEH
- Specialist Information Security Consultant
- Exceptional opportunity to develop a career in the Information Security Industry
About Our Client
My client is a leading UK manufacturer and part of much larger global parent group. The larger group provides a large range of services across industry, with numerous blue chip clients in financial services, automotive, aerospace, government, health, retail, logistics, utilities and rail.
The security division is a fast growing and innovative security business with a reputation for providing high quality services to both blue chip and local customers. The divisions expertise is thanks to the decades of high profile security requirements of its parent company, which operates world wide.
The primary purpose of the cyber security consultant is to deliver and enhance various security services provided to external clients.
These services include technical security assessments of applications and infrastructure, security design reviews and risk assessments.
Extremely technical, hands-on position, requiring skills from hardware to the application layer.
Typical tasks will include, under the supervision of the Principle Consultant:
- Perform application and infrastructure penetration test, as well as physical security review and social engineering tests for clients
- Review and define requirements for information security solutions
- Perform security reviews of application designs, source code and deployments as required, covering all types of applications (web application, web services, mobile applications, client applications, SaaS)
- Participate in security assessments of networks, systems and applications
- Work on improvements for provided security services, including the continuous enhancement of existing methodology material and supporting assets
The Successful Applicant
My client will nurture your talent through continued professional development and a mentoring scheme. What my client is seeking is exceptional talent, this will include:
- Use of a variety of network security tools and exploits to identify vulnerabilities and recommend corrective action
- Knowledge of both manual and automated penetration techniques
- Explain technical diagnosis to non-technical people
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Key technologies include: OWASP, PTES, Nessus, Nikto, Metasploit, Windows, Linux operating systems, perl, ruby, shell scripting HTML, C, C++, Java, Burp, Nmap,
Other areas of interest include:
- Computer science, cyber security related degree
- Exploit development
- Ability to hold SC clearance
- Qualifications including: OSCP, CEH, CREST, TIGER, Cyber scheme, Comptia S+,
What's on Offer
Excellent salary + excellent benefits
Continued professional development
Support and encouragement to achieve industry qualifications
Working with leading international clients