You are here
- 5 positions available across multiple projects
- Multinational Utilities Company
About Our Client
A leading Utilities business in the UK
The Data Architect is required to drive the delivery and maintenance of the information architecture and data strategy; through vision, roadmaps, technology standards and education. Using domain experience the Data Architect will have an end-to-end vision on how data will flow, to support process and logical designs, through the successive stages of the projects. The Data Architect will also support and be involved in key aspects of data migration (data profiling, data quality assessment, data validation, data cleansing and data mapping.
- Agreement of Information owners and stewards including roles and responsibilities
- Creation and ownership of to be Conceptual and Logical data Models, adhering to documentation standards
- Good understanding of Data Modelling techniques like entity relationship and dimensional modelling
- Developing enduring data process, procedures and models and ensure delivery of all other data related artefacts that are required.
- Working with other architects to ensure a consistent view across all layers of the architecture e.g. infrastructure, security, business systems and other services
- Build and maintain Data Architecture design and strategy, aligned with CDSA and IMF.
- Understanding business processes and convert complex business logic to transformation data as per requirements
- Input into the design & maintenance of ETL processes, and design and oversight of a strategic reporting model
- Ensure necessary documentation is created and maintained in accordance with business function standards
- Provide consultative subject matter expertise, deliver business facing consultancy for appropriate outcomes
- Produce and present comprehensive analysis
- Document "As Is" state of data flows/operations and produce the optimal "To Be" state
- Working collaboratively with the programmes process design and technical leads on mapping source to target data structures and business requirements
- Reviewing and confirming models with the appropriate business stakeholders
- Ensure technical solutions are compliant with the data architecture and strategy
- Work on the data architecture model, encompassing Process, Roles, Applications, Technology and the required Data Governance.
- Key stakeholders will include; Global Service Management Team, Programme Management, Business Design Team, Solution Delivery Teams, Enterprise Architecture and multiple vendors.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong stakeholder management including; Stakeholder engagement, negotiation and presentation
- Proven experience of defining and implementing data architecture and data management strategy
- Strong understanding of business and IT/IS processes, procedures, with ability to work proactively without direct supervision
- Experienced of working in a challenging multi-vendor environment
- Good clear communication skills, able to explain technology/data constraints in non-technical language and facilitate workshops
- Proven experience of Data analysis, Data Quality, Reference and Meta Data
- Proven experience of Master Data Management, Data Governance and Information Lifecycle management (ILM)
- Experience of Content and Knowledge Management, Archive and Records Management
- Should have some experience with Data Modelling tools like ER-Win, RSA, Enterprise Sparx etc.,
- Knowledge of Service oriented architecture and Common Information Modelling will be an advantage
- Experience in modelling using class, use cases and sequence diagrams will be advantageous
- Strong experience in data integration, business intelligence, data warehousing, and logical/physical Data modelling. Ideally some experience with ETL and BI tools
- Extensive experience in creating data models at all levels of abstraction, and working with business and IT staff to implement.
- Experience with ETL design and development, cleansing strategies, data structures, data quality, solutions and implementation, governance and report creation
- Previous experience in Utilities or other regulated sector is advantageous.
What's on Offer
An initial 6 month contract paying £450 - £500 per day DOE.
An exciting opportunity to join a business that is pioneering technology