You are here
Data Governance Manager
- Quality Assurance
About Our Client
Our client is going on a very exciting transformation project and due to a recent merger are looking to strengthen the Data Governance Team. They are looking for a Data Governance Manager to work in a wider team of 13 and manage a small team of individuals.
The ideal candidate for the role of Data Governance Manager will have:
* Act as a centre of expertise to the business for the data lifecycle, working collaboratively with colleagues to overcome legacy practices to drive improvements in data quality, ensuring it is fit for current and future business purpose.
* Develop an organisational culture where data is treated as a key asset; maximising the coverage, relevance and accuracy of the data holds and manages.
* Proactively increase the knowledge and maturity within the business regarding the importance of data, creating and delivering data governance training, education and awareness events and materials to educate colleagues and promote a culture of effective data management
* Work with colleagues to identify key data sets, carrying out relevant risk assessments and providing recommendations for improvement.
* Actively engage with colleagues throughout the organisation to ensure that data is properly defined, collected, verified, stored, maintained and disposed of, in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Collaborate with subject matter experts to define and implement data strategy, principles, policies, controls and programs to ensure enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure and reliable.
* Understand, document and improve current logical data model to support master data management and end-to-end business data flows.
* Identify opportunities to drive value from data more effectively through data architecture changes, database development & data tools.
* Represent data governance on strategic projects, ensuring that data principles and requirements are adhered to and that maximum business benefit is realised
* Ensure that the handling of information is streamlined and automated where possible.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Manage a team and lead effectively
- Bring new ideas to the table
- Help shape and influence the Data Governance Team
What's on Offer
The ideal candidate for the Data Governance Manager role will be based in London and paid £45,000-£50,000.