You are here
Data Protection Manager
Seeking an immediately available data protection
manager with financial services experience.
About Our Client
Our client is the central bank of the United Kingdom. The Bank exists to ensure monetary stability, contribute to financial stability and carry out prudential regulation and supervision of financial institutions.
Reporting to the Head of Data Policy, Compliance and Contracts (Data Protection Officer), the role holder will:
- Draw on their expert knowledge of data protection and privacy to provide high-quality and timely legal advice on compliance with all aspects of the Data Protection Act 1998 to stakeholders around the Bank and, in some cases, related legislation, and, as necessary, to provide expert input into Privacy Impact Assessments
- Where necessary, advise on the management and resolution of incidents involving personal data
- Support the DP Compliance Analyst in delivering a programme of training and awareness initiatives to staff to ensure visibility remains high
- Support the review and refresh of relevant policies, procedures and guidance
Undertake routine monitoring and provide demonstrable assurance that data protection controls are operating effective.
The Successful Applicant
- Recognised point of contact for professional advice within Bank.
- Ability to use judgement when applying policies, and providing sound justification for decisions.
- Understanding of functions of the Bank, wider issues impacting Bank and links to own division.
- Has an understanding of impact of Bank processes on projects and how to work effectively with other areas e.g. IT delivery framework, testing. Able to manage resources appropriately to achieve compliance.
- May have additional specialist knowledge around information security or wider data management issues
- Can lead projects, working under minimal supervision or direction, that may have a level of complexity. Delivers work independently with minimal oversight, co-ordinating the work of others.
- Able to manage competing priorities; escalate to others where appropriate. May have responsibility for management of more than one work stream.
- Able to take organisational view and encourage team to consider "big picture" issues
- Manages a team in either line or matrix management structure (may be up to 2 people), delegating work effectively and co-ordinating work of others.
- Encourages and supports development of team members, provides feedback on performance.
- Owns stakeholder relationships and advises senior staff on area of expertise. May be required to exchange sensitive and complex information, using most appropriate method for audience. Can confidently present at Data Board level.
- Able to negotiate with stakeholders at all levels, adapting style where appropriate; ability to "push back" and validate ideas of others.
- Works effectively with business area to create best solution and outcome.
- Builds network of contacts externally / internally and uses effectively, learning from the experience of others.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of Division. Recognises and suggests innovative ideas, and improvements to methods and processes e.g 'One Framework'.
- Contributes to people activities such as graduate / student recruitment; assists in on-boarding of new team members
- Drives and facilitates improvements at Divisional level
What's on Offer