You are here
- Phenomenal Opportunity to join a Global Blue Chip
- East Anglian based Opportunity
About Our Client
My client for this piece of recruitment of a Demand Planner is a Global Blue Chip based in Cambridgeshire with a focus on Manufacturing and Production. The company operates within Life Science and genuinely embody the philosophy of improving and sustaining life.
The environment is fast paced and dynamic, and requires the right candidate for the job to be similar dynamic and embody the values of the company. The Demand Planning function is undergoing some substantial evolution at the moment as the discipline moves and improves, so the candidate must be capable of acting autonomously and setting his or her own targets.
The Demand Planner's responsibilities will include:
- Consolidate forecast volume with countries, maintain the planning system at code level:Capture country assumptions e.g. market trend, launch plans and LRP (long range plan) through country/regional S&OP/IBR and consensus calls with Demand cluster heads. Engage in constructive debate around any exceptional/potentially sub-optimal trends & risks.
- Ensure all items required for product launch are forecasted in partnership with countries / forecast lead
- Update the demand tool: validation and cleansing of the demand, work with statistical models to generate the most accurate forecast, liaise with European finance/business to validate forecast
- Publish monthly KPI's
- Be able to clearly summarise regional demand plan and identify and communicate risk
- Communicate pro-actively changes in demand to the planning team, work closely together to mitigate low cover and backorder risks as well as driving optimal pipeline performance.
The Successful Applicant
Broadly speaking, the following are required:
- In-depth understanding of demand planning processes
- Sales and Operations planning
- Strong leadership skills including leading projects with broad scope and impact outside own department & promotes teamwork between departments
- Strong communication skills across all layers of the organisation & ability to develop links with other functional & regional peers/leaders
- Solutions driven with the ability to simplify the complex & drive speedy optimal business scenario planning & decision making
- Innovative problem solver with the confidence to challenge the status quo & gain the buy in of stakeholders at all layers of the organisation
- Advanced MS Excel, MS Access beneficial
- Knowledge of Demand Planning Tools is a strong plus
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer for the successful applicant, as well as superb opportunities for development and progression.