You are here
Demand Planner or Assistant Merchandiser looking to move into supply chain
About Our Client
Our client is a multichannel retail business based in Hertfordshire. Collaborating with global suppliers, they aim to provide customers with a one stop shop experience, and are looking for a new Demand Planner to join the team to improve stock availability to benefit both customer base and company warehouse space utilisation. This is an ideal role for a demand planner or someone from a merchandising background who is keen to learn supply chain principles.
The Demand Planner will:
- Manage the forecast for a portfolio of products, to ensure maximum availability for the customers
- Manage inventory, to minimise wastage
- Work closely with suppliers to plan promotions, drive improved availability, decrease lead time, and increase customer satisfaction through analysis and range planning.
- Support the wider Supply Chain team to continually improve processes and results, including projects, covering absentees and ad hoc tasks.
The Successful Applicant
The successful demand planner will:
- Be highly analytical, with great attention to detail and good knowledge of IT systems (particularly Excel)
- Be a confident communicator, comfortable dealing directly with retailers
- Have a background in Demand Planning, OR experience in wider Supply Chain/analytical/ merchandising roles with a clear passion to get into Demand Planning
What's on Offer
Based in Hertfordshire this role will pay between £28-33k depending on candidate experience and internal benchmarking. There is a company discretionary bonus as well as other benefits.
It is an opportunity to work in a fantastic established and ever evolving retail business and be able to oversee change in the supply chain function.