You are here
Depot General Manager
£55,000 - £60,000
- Seeking a Graduate Calibre Transport Professional
- MUST have a CPC & IOSH Qualification
About Our Client
A market leading Transport company based in Wolverhampton.
- Manage the local account management team to ensure regular visits to local customers served, retaining the customer base and prices temporary and local contracted work.
- Support the growth of the Depots customer base.
- Manage service levels and ensuring that corrective action is taken as appropriate.
- Drives a lean culture throughout
- Manages the operations for current and future demands
- Monitors and manages the depot budget, ensure optimum performance and financial growth.
- Develops the operation and teams to meet financial and efficiency targets through a continuous improvement approach.
- Sets and agrees clear objectives with all operational staff
- Regularly monitoring their performance and taking corrective action where appropriate.
- Prepare annual budgets and report on monthly financial position
- Ensure core performance metrics are met and where possible exceeded.
- Coaches staff where appropriate and provide training
- Leads and motivates staff through positive employee engagement
- Defines the strategy to develop the site as a whole by identifying and sharing best practice with peers
- Promote continuous improvement and an open door policy
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in relevant subject
- Lean Management experience
- Site Health & Safety experience
- In depth understanding of P & L
- Budget Management experience
- Strong Transport knowledge
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Strong Commercial background
- Sales & Account Management experience
- Customer service & retention experience
- Trade Union experience
What's on Offer
Salary on offer is up to £60,000 plus Bonus, Car, Private Health Care