You are here
Deputy Head of Procurement
- Lead a change management strategy
- Lead a commercial procurement team to deliver results
About Our Client
The client in Sheffield is looking for a Deputy Head of Procurement to lead the procurement team through a period of change that aligns itself to the grow plans of the organisation. You must have a proven track record of the whole life cycle procurement, contract & relationship management, while taking others and senior stakeholders through the journey!
- The Deputy Head of Procurement in Sheffield will develop strategic approaches and key policies in relation to Procurement Projects involving all stakeholder groups.
- Deliver procurement management duties on a variety of service contracts, categories & deliver a high standard commercial service to meet primary objectives.
- Provide dedicated support to senior staff across the organisation in respect of contract/ commercial issues including responding to potential contractual disputes.
- Target specific goods, services &/or suppliers to identify how tangible improvements may be made in the procurement of these works, goods and services.
- Deliver value for money & efficiency targets, managing risk, business continuity & quality of support with customer focus.
- Establishing & reviewing KPI's, ensuring performance information is provided & reviewed, external performance benchmarking, managing any performance credit or deduction payment mechanisms, working with the contractor & client to ensure there is service delivery planning, continuous improvement & benefit realisation & reporting.
- Build sustainable stakeholder relationships
- Manage a team of two direct reports with a team of six people through change.
The Successful Applicant
- Evidence of continuing professional development CIPS accreditation
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of OJEU and PCR 2015
- Substantial and diverse procurement experience
- Knowledge of contract law, public procurement legislation and procurement best practice
- Working in a collaborative, progressive and stakeholder focused team environment
- Experience of developing and implementing frameworks, policies and processes
What's on Offer
£44000 - £48000