You are here
Derivatives & Structured Products Solicitor/ Associate
- Derivatives & Structured Finance
- General finance background will be considered
About Our Client
International law firm based in the City of London
The Derivatives & Structured Finance Group at at this global law firm has been a market-leading practice for 25 years. They are highly ranked in all the leading directories..
The team services an impressive client base that includes global and second tier investment banks, commercial banks, brokers, asset managers and wholesale markets service providers.
The Group advises on derivatives and securities financing transactions and documentation, including drafting bespoke netting and collateral agreements, negotiating master agreements (such as ISDA Master Agreements, GMRAs and GMSLAs), drafting both structured and vanilla transaction documentation, providing guidance on new regulations, legal opinions and advising on closing out and unwinding transactions.
Structured finance work primarily involves advising trustees and corporate service providers on a range of transactions (including securitisations) and restructurings of existing deals, rather than flow arranger work. DCM is also covered by the team.
- Proactively manage own matters
- Support the partners and senior associates on larger transactions
- High levels of direct client contact - candidates would be expected to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with clients
- Contribute towards business development strategy of the team by preparing briefing papers, attending and presenting at client seminars and developing their own contacts within organisations.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will currently be at a competitor firm or in-house. Prior experience in derivatives/ structured products is not essential, as such general finance backgrounds will be considered.
What's on Offer
Market leading salary + competitive bonus