You are here
- Design, manage and implement product quality and design improvements
- Liaising and communicating with the companies manufactures
About Our Client
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client currently employ circa 50 staff but are growing through a period of growth and due to this are looking to recruit a Design Engineer to Design, manage and implement product quality and design improvements.
As the Design Engineer based in Sheffield you will be responsible for Designing, managing and implementing product quality and design improvements. You will have constant communication with overseas manufacturing so communication is key.
Overall Role / Main Function of the job:
Support sales and profit goals by working on new product development with focus on end user driven functionality and features that exceed the user's expectations.
Build the company brand by ensuring consistent high standards of engineering that deliver robust and durable products encompassing the brand values.
Make a difference by always looking for opportunities to improve our process, designs and products and be the best in everything you do.
- Make a difference in the lives of our key stakeholders (employees, communities, vendors and customers).
- Build our brand to be recognised and perceived favourably in the minds of consumers in the geographic markets in which we compete.
- Profitably grow our business at sustainable levels.
The Successful Applicant
Skills, Experience and Competencies for the Design Engineer is:
- Minimum 3-5 years' direct experience in product engineering design.
- Mechanical engineer qualified to degree level.
- Ideally some background with electric motors, gearboxes and design for plastic injection mouldings / die casting.
- Proven ability in product development from concept through to production ready design.
- Fluent in Solidworks.
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail.
- Demonstrate an innovative and problems solving mind-set when faced with design challenges.
- Knowledge of standards from the machinery directive relating to hand held power tools.
- Practical understanding of IP and patents and applying this in a design environment.
- Good team player able to work alongside creative design and marketing personnel.
- Good written and verbal skills, capable of presenting to others.
What's on Offer
Location / Department / Salary:
- Role is based in Sheffield
- Jobholder is a member of the New product development department.
- Jobholder may be required to travel periodically in UK, Europe, USA and China.
- Salary £32,000 - £40,000.