You are here
£25,000 - £30,000
- Growing organisation
- Automotive business
About Our Client
Our client are a manufacturing business who supply in to the automotive industry. Based in Wiltshire they are looking someone to join their busy/growing team
- Working with Lead Engineer and external customers, analyse requirements, define specifications and design package requirements.
- Working with the Lead Engineer, CAE team and the SDT, customers and external suppliers, utilising design procedures and tools, prepare design concepts for new products, meeting package, performance, cost and manufacturing targets.
- Support product design presentations and technical meetings with customers.
- In accordance with the advanced quality procedures, systems and Gateway (APQP) process, and as part of the SDT, design and develop products through to production handover, including
- Lead the DFMEA process
- Coordinate CAE validation work and reporting.
- Preparation and release of designs, including drawings, bill of materials, component material and test specifications, from prototype to production level.
- Organise the manufacture and testing of prototype parts through the companies systems.
- Resolution of design problems related to product performance, cost, and manufacturability.
- Prepare technical reports related to design and test validation for internal, customers and suppliers.
- Support the development from prototype to production introduction of sub component with suppliers
The Successful Applicant
The suitable Design Engineer will have:
- Engineering design experience of products for high volume manufacture, involving a variety of materials and technologies
- Good standard of 3/2D CAD capability for generating design concepts.
- Good appreciation of engineering design analysis and the application of advanced CAE methodologies.
- Experience of component testing and test specification preparation.
- Ideally Degree qualified or equivilent
What's on Offer
£25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience