You are here
- Preconstruction design manager - UK Leading Main Contractor
- Special projects
About Our Client
One of the UK's leading Main Contractors operating nationally from regional offices. The business employs over 4000 people and boasts an impressive turnover circa £1.3bn. across several divisions.
Currently, the East Midlands team is a blend of planners, design managers, project managers, quantity surveyors and construction managers, all from a varied background. Working together, sharing knowledge and discussing construction methods in an open environment has proven critical to their success and reputation to deliver to time and budget without forsaking quality.
Projects focus in the public sector and average around £7.5mn with a tendency to be on the technically and more complex side of things. From inception you will be responsible for two live projects, taking them forward from feasibility.
Duties will be typical however critically, you will be expected to work cohesively both internally with colleagues and externally with consultants and various stakeholders.
Your primary function will be to ensure a smooth transition throughout the earlier design process and technical stages in collating information for later on site construction.
Your time will be predominantly out and about on site and in stakeholder meetings, with weekly visits o the office as and when required - remote and mobile working is encouraged.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate:
- A minimum of five years in the construction industry;
- Exposure to all stages of a projects lifecycle from inception to completion;
- Comfortable in liaising with other professionals and stakeholders in a project;
- Knowledgeable in procurement methods and a good understanding of contracts;
- Develop innovative design solutions to clients briefs with input from the professional team and subcontractors;
- Develop relationships with clients during early concept stages; manage expectations of the project through regular communication and discussions regarding requirements and specifications;
- Work alongside the preconstruction and/or project team to oversee the subcontract enquiries to subcontractor designed packages.
Candidates with experience on education projects are favourable as are those with experience in consultancy.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary with flexible benefits anchored around company car/car allowance, discretionary bonus and pension.
Progressive culture with an array of experience and expertise from multiple disciplines.