You are here
This position is now filled
Designer - Home Lifestyle
- Desinger for a highly creative and rapidly growing retailer
- Must have a passion for product, design and highly creative
About Our Client
My client is a highly creative fun business based in Somerset and due to the expansion of the team they are now in the need of a product designer to work closely with in the design and creative team within the businesses current licenses and own brand products to develop and grow their product portfolio.
The role of Designer - Home Lifestyle in Somerset will include;
- Project Handling Responsible for a range of live projects from concept to final production.
- Hands on Creative Lead Designer with new creative, whether this is initial ideas and concepts or right through to final artwork. Create "Style Guides".
- Mentor Design Team Pass on your knowledge and be a key motivator, push for excellence and efficiency.
- Licensor Relationships Build strong relationships with licensors where appropriate and help grow these brands.
- Brand Manager Become a "custodian" for all our own brands and licensed brands. Stay "On Brand" and maintain quality and grow these brands.
- Ideas & Inspiration Bring in new ideas concepts, formats and trends - Newness!
- Trend research - AW / SS range boards.
- Collaborate with Design Managers and Designers.
- Collaborate on range plans / line list.
- Collaborate with "sourcing team" to source new key formats that work on price and can translate over different range plans.
- Work alongside Design Managers and help mentor Junior Designers.
- Help organise / brief mock-ups & samples for key dates.
- Help manage ranges from concept to sign-off.
- Visit licensors / national account buyers for range reviews / manage sign off and maintain high QC levels.
- Work hard to keep ranges on critical paths.
- Deliver new exciting and commercially successful ranges and brands.
- Help Develop new formats and open up new areas of product categories.
The Successful Applicant
The right candidate for the Designer - Home Lifestyle role must be;
* Organisation & Efficiency
* Enthusiasm & Passion
- Background in Retail product development would be advantageous
The role will also have -
* Reports to Creative Manager: Licenced Brands, Wild & Wolf Brands on your projects.
* B&C Key account projects.
* On HR side your line manager is your licenced brands design manager .i.e. appraisals and personal development.
What's on Offer
The Designer - Home Lifestyle role salary is - Â£Competitive + Package