You are here
- Exceptional Development Director required
- Opportunity to design and implement your own development strategy
About Our Client
Our client is an award-winning developer and operator of care homes across England and South Wales. The firm is widely acknowledged for it's innovative approach to development and it's provision of high-quality facilities.
The Development Director will initially be working on a single scheme, currently in it's early stages, with a projected completion in early 2017. Two further developments are within the current pipeline at the early stages of development.
The position will further be tasked with writing a development strategy for the firm, in consultation with a number of internal stakeholders including the MD.
The role requires a strong leader with excellent people management skills, demonstrable experience of having delivered significant projects in either the health / senior living sector or alternative. The Development Director will have full oversight of the Estates and Development teams and will report directly to the MD.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to work on the following phases.
- identification, viability studies and the acquisition of prospective sites;
- managing the up front planning applications;
- appointing project teams as necessary to deliver specific development projects;
- engaging the necessary external consultants to support the planning process;
- recommending procurement routes for all projects;
- approving tender documentation and attending tender interviews;
- negotiating with third-parties;
- managing the external consultants during the construction phase;
- overseeing all commercial issues affecting cost and time
- interrogating all cost plans coming from external parties.
- liaise with the sales & marketing director throughout the development process on all projects.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate is a strong leader with excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
As Development Director, integrity is essential, as is the ability to address a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a competitive salary with package.