You are here
Digital Media Developer
About Our Client
My client is a leading, UK Professional Services organisation based in Glasgow.
As Digital Media Designer your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Responsible for creating electronic client briefings/bulletins.
- With other members of the KM E-Services Team, working with BD, OUT-LAW and legal teams to ensure web content is accurate and updated on a regular basis.
- Ensure that SEO is embedded within the content development process and working on the development and monitoring of SEO.
- Responsible for WordPress development and building custom theme templates within a multisite environment.
- Provide general brand management support to the firm.
- Create images suitable for web banners, as well as assisting with the enhancement and editing of professional photography for use in print and online publications.
- Undertake complex design briefs from an end user and ensuring that design work is completed to agreed deadline and is thoroughly proofed and quality checked
- Provide expertise and creative input from the inception stage of design work through to its final production, ensuring initial concepts and ideas are explored and developed to the full.
- Use the latest computer technology and other appropriate mediums to produce creative and innovative graphic design/artwork for use in the firm publications, digital media and the firm's internal and external content systems.
- As a content administrator maintain and develop intranet content across all areas.
- Work closely with content contributors/owners to promote best practice and use of intranet tools.
- Assist the Intranet Project with the design, development and maintenance of the new SharePoint intranet.
- Work as part of the project team on intranet upgrades as and when require
- Provide support for internal and external users of the firm's extranets.
- Keeping abreast of emerging commercial web technologies and languages, and their applicability/suitability to Pinsent Masons to enable the team and business to continue to move forward.
- Carrying out specific projects as instructed by the KM E-Services Manager.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Digital Media Designer will have the following skills and competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress development and building custom theme templates. Experience of mulltisite environments would be a definite advantage.
- Using web content management systems (CMS) ideally including SharePoint
- Experience of designing and building responsive / adaptive websites with best practices throughout
- Experience of working within a professional services business environment is preferable.
- Knowledge/understanding of best practice in web and information delivery.
- Experience of developing within a MAMP stack environment would be desirable
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimisation and a familiarity with Google Analytics.
- Experience in using the Adobe software suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Captivate, Dreamweaver and InDesign.
What's on Offer
My client is offering a competitive package including:
- Basic salary c£25,000
- Attractive benefits package including private health insurance and pension