You are here
Direct Tax Analyst, Multinational Energy Company, London
- In-house opportunity with household name and excellent package
- One of largest energy companies in Europe
About Our Client
One of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. The UK's leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation's electricity and employing more than 15,000 people. They operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants.
The Tax Team is responsible for ensuring that the Group complies with all tax legislation, that the group meets all tax reporting requirements both externally and internally, and ensures that group's tax affairs are conducted in an efficient manner.
The Direct Tax Analyst reports to the Head of Direct Taxation who reports to the Director of Taxation. The Direct Tax Analyst is a key post in ensuring that company meets the above obligations.
- Responsibility for the production of complete and accurate corporation tax returns for companies within the group, ensuring that both internal and external deadlines are met. Tax packs are used in the completion of the tax returns.
- The post holder will review tax pack information provided by Business Units and ensure that it is correct and is in sufficient detail to comply with tax legislation.
- The post holder must be able to react to new information in order to change processes and deadlines.
- The post holder must also have the initiative to recommend and instigate changes to improve processes and accommodate changes within the business and changes to tax legislation.
- Financial controllers and other finance staff are trained by the post holder to complete tax packs.
- Communication skills are key to ensure each business unit agrees to the form and timing of information flows.
- Liaise with other members of the Tax Team in the preparation of individual company tax provisions and tax disclosures.
- Preparation of timely and accurate information concerning the corporate tax charge to the finance department.
- Involvement in the annual reporting cycle for group tax reporting.
- Respond to correspondence from HM Revenue and Customs.
- Involvement in tax planning matters and in project work as required
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Qualifications
- The post holder must be qualified in accounting and/or tax or equivalent.
- The post holder must have a solid grounding in UK corporation tax matters, gained within a large business and/or large accounting practice.
- The post holder must have strong communications skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels and across business functions.
- The post holder should have excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise appropriately whilst maintaining a level of flexibility to respond to new requirements.
- The post holder should be confident in their own abilities and be able to work autonomously.
- The post holder must be computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel and corporation tax software. Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
What's on Offer
£44,000 - £55,000 + package