You are here
Director Emerging Markets Credit Derivatives Structurer
- Emerging markets credit derivatives structuring & trading, focused on CEE
- Leading Corporate Bank with a strong track record in the emerging markets
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Corporate Bank with a strong presence in the Emerging Markets
Opportunity to join an established desk at a leading Corporate Bank as a Director Emerging Markets Credit Derivatives Structurer, based in London
Emerging Markets Structuring (EMS) works to create tailor made structured solutions for clients' asset and liability requirements throughout the world. The London team is part of this global effort and focuses on EMEA clients and products in EMEA currencies.
The desk uses a wide range of products to deliver solutions to clients and sell down risk to investors. These include Credit Default Swaps, Credit Linked Notes, Loans, Total return Swaps and most of the products in the credit space. Whilst predominantly credit focused, the desk is also responsible for structuring interest rate and FX products in emerging market currencies for the Bank's Clients.
The desk works closely with EM Credit traders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
* To proactively generate trade ideas and creative risk management solutions for the Bank's clients both on the asset and liability sides of the balance sheet primarily focused on the emerging markets.
* To deliver, price and execute tailor made customer derivative solutions and customer investment solutions. This would involve high degree of fluency with Foreign exchange, Credit, and Interest Rate products and their derivatives in both developed and emerging markets.
* To identify potential business opportunities.
* To work with other Branches and Subsidiaries of the Bank in providing tailor made solutions to their Client problems.
* To assist internal marketers and Sales teams on marketing visits to generate Client driven business.
* Training sales people on derivative product, risk analysis, derivative market awareness,
* Ability to identify, analyse, breakdown and hedge (if required) risks within a particular structure, or portfolio and discuss them with the appropriate traders, risk managers and seniors as required.
* Ability to take a trade from conception to execution. This will involve leading, co-ordinating and taking full responsibility for every aspect of each step in the process.
The Successful Applicant
* At least 7 years' experience working in a front office role in financial markets and at least 2 years experience working in credit derivatives - trading or structuring.
* A strong track record of completed credit derivative transactions / trades in the emerging markets, with a strong preference for CEE deals
* Degree from a respectable institution, ideally an advanced degree in Maths or Management
What's on Offer
The package will be competitive