You are here
Director of Sales & Marketing
- International Group in Hotels and Resorts
- Director of Sales & Marketing
About Our Client
Our client, an international Group in Hotels and Resorts, is seeking a Director of Sales & Marketing in Uganda.
You will report to the Managing Director in Uganda and to the Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing.
As Director of Sales & Marketing in Uganda, you will have responsibility for the following:
- Provide professional advice and executive support to the General Manager in meeting the strategic goals of the sales and marketing department,
- In conjunction with the revenue manager, provide timely and relevant information on hotel trends, to enable the operations committee make a pro-active decisions to improve the profitability of the hotel,
- Direct the activities of the internal colleagues in outside agencies on public relations, advertise, direct sales and marketing campaigns and supervise the quality and standard of all sales promotional aids, collateral and merchandising items,
- Oversee trade shows, conventions, and promotional events, within the hotel, tourism industry and customer organizations,
- Examine activities of competitor hotels,
- Manage all sales activities and monitor the goals set by the sales persons to ensure that they are working towards achieving their goals,
- Take part in the Annual Budget Plan and be responsible for the development of the annual Sales & Marketing plan,
- Establish yearly KPIs for the sales team and conduct development and performance reviews,
- Review the weekly sales and marketing strategy and budget and continuously monitor and report achievements on a weekly, monthly and annual basis,
- Assist in the development of annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product, realistic costs of operating the sales force and sales promotion program plans.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 8 years' experience in business development in the hotel industry.
You are fluent in English.
What's on Offer