You are here
- Distribution Manager
- Must be CPC qualified
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facility. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe.
They are a FTSE100 company and in the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To ensure that the company's vision, values and policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that the distribution has an optimal efficiency and economy including targets for per. km.
- Ensure that target areas such as reducing customer losses are reached.
- Develop and motivate the staff to perform their tasks.
- Ensure that customer service meets the agreed plans.
- Ensure vehicle and driver compliance with O licence, site, EU and other legal requirements, monitoring, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Investigate, analyse and implement corrective actions utilising current systems where appropriate (i.e. Telematics, Dynamics) to resolve logistics problems eliminating inefficient supply and distribution routes, quality of service, customer losses and continuously improving working practices (e.g weight checking, mileage/km fuel consumption, accuracy and timeliness of deliveries to customers).
- Manage the Plants OPD's.
- Ensure planning of drivers' routes for obtaining an optimal supply and distribution;
- Ensure optimal cooperation between the distribution department and service and production department for optimal customer service;
- Enure the maintenance and purchase / sale of the vehicles;
- Ensure that the department's environmental and safety requirements, of both employee and employer, under the company set guidelines are adhered to and ensure compliance with applicable laws;
- Ensure that the necessary number of employees are present in relation to the department's work - including temporary workers;
- Contribute to the development of the department's employees.
- Prepare budgets and action plans for the department in cooperation with the department head;
- Ensure that the fleet satisfies the requirements for maintenance, vehicle inspection, order, etc. follow established guidelines.
- Ensure have LEAN loading and unloading processes.
- Drive continuous improvements in HoE like 5S etc.
- Ensure distribution is executed within legal requirements (loading factors, driving hours etc.)
- Promote and manage implementation of technologies to improve data capture on textile logistics in distribution area.
- Ensure Drivers are properly trained and motivated to achieve functional objectives.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have the following experience:
- LEAN (Six Sigma) experience or green/black belt
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or relevant experience in logistics and distribution with a track record of success.
- IOSH certificate or country equivalent qualification.
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes
- CPC preferred
- Driving Licence.
- Communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal skill
- Ability to listen and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- Ability to organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
What's on Offer
A competitive basic salary and benefits package will be on offer to the successful candidate.