You are here
Drinks Business Development Executive
Industry leader in drinks distribution & supply chain in the UK
Competitive salary and package - reporting into Dartford
About Our Client
My client are a global leader in freight services; they are one of the oldest freight houses in the world. Alongside their various spectrum of services offered, they are market leader in air, land and sea/ocean operation. Overall, this particular organisation is renowned for its high standards and innovation in their respective field, evident in their expansion across the UK. Due to expansion and a successful last two years, they are now in the position to further expand their sales/business development team, notably for their drinks logistics wing which focuses on the hard and soft drinks industry.
- Measurably increase this company's UK volumes relating to the import and export of drinks products
- Work to clearly defined targets in order to develop existing key accounts and new business
- Nurture and establish relationship within the drinks industry to raise the profile of our Drinks Logistics
- Manage and implement new business wins in conjunction with operational staff.
- Maintain new business wins to ensure successful trading and long term commercial relationships.
- Liaise closely with all levels of our company's Drinks Logistics product to develop a strong team spirit.
- Manage tenders from start to finish including preparation and new business implementation
- Provide commercial support to overseas colleagues when and where required.
- Work closely with UK trade managers to identify and secure new business
- Develop key market sectors such as bulk wine & soft drinks in-line with the regional drinks strategy.
- Report activity through our company's systems and interact on a regular basis with UK operational
The Successful Applicant
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the UK drinks industry on an end to end basis.
- International Freight Forwarding experience preferably within the Drinks sector.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you are self-motivated, tenacious and enthusiastic with regards to working in a sales / development environment.
- Demonstrate you are resilient; action orientated with excellent customer focus and strong communication skills (written & verbal)
-Willingness to travel within the UK and internationally when required and a clean UK driving license is essential
- Tenacious and driven to succeed
- Enthusiasm and willing to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £45,000 DOE + OTE + Car + Fuel Card + other premium corporate benefits