You are here
Trusted and established business based in Staffordshire
Education Accountant with fantastic opportunities
About Our Client
My client is a successful business, with an excellent reputation within the area in which it operates. Based in their head office in the Staffordshire area- you will be joining a successful team.
This exciting role is varied and some of the responsibilities are outlined below.
- Advise and support academies with their responsibilities to provide financial returns to their monitoring body, the Education Funding Agency (EFA)
- Provide advice and guidance on the academies budgetary and financial control procedures
- Assist in preparation of annual and multi-year budget plans for the academy and advise on alternative budget strategies
- Work with the Senior Schools Academy Accountant to develop the traded support provided to academies to ensure it is a profitable and cost effective business line
- Under the direction of the Senior Schools Academy Accountant, visit and advise schools considering conversion to academy status and promote the financial support services offered
- Become an expert in academy finance and ensure this knowledge is kept up to date in a fast moving area
- Train and support both finance staff in academies and School Support Officers in the team
The Successful Applicant
The Education Accountant will ideally have exposure to a school/academy finance function, or have an interest to pursue a career in this sector. The ability to present and communicate effectively is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with preferably ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
What's on Offer