You are here
This position is now filled
- Must have relevant EHS experience within manufacturing environment
- Must have recognised EHS qualifications
About Our Client
My client are a market leading and multinational FMCG manufacturing business who specialise in skincare products. They have an established reputation within the industry for providing top of the range products and have a very strong brand reputation across the globe that has supported their continued success.
The key responsibilities for the EHS Manager will be to:
- Provides advice and guidance on environmental health and safety matters
- Carry out accident investigation, root cause analysis, accident reporting (RIDDOR) and maintaining all accident records.
- Work in conjunction with Department Managers to assist in the compilation of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, policy writing, training and Behavioral Based programs.
- Conduct and report on EHS MS Audits and inspections to ensure site compliance with Safety and Environmental processes, procedures legal compliance register
- Develop and amend site EHS policies and procedures as required by business needs and changing legislation.
- Maintain records, attend meetings and assist in specification of PPE
- Ability to control and administrate the on site fire team and fire marshals, devise a programme of fire evacuation drills across the site and carry out the programme.
- Ensure effective management of hazardous and non-hazardous waste collections from site is in place to meet corporate and legal requirements
- Undertake minor projects and assist in major projects under the direction of your manager- Support to Projects team / Change management
- Coordinate EHS Capital funding and Planning
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the EHS Manager role will have the following background:
Relevant experience in Health, Safety and Environment within the manufacturing industry.
Relevant EHS Qualifcations.
Strong interpersonal skills to persuade, influence, advise and direct employees of all levels on Environmental Health & Safety issues.
Good technical and written communication skills to ensure legal compliance regarding policies, procedures, training programmes.
Handling high volume of correspondence internal and external with a technical content.
Ability to make decisions in an emergency situation to minimise any adverse effects on the company or an individual.
Strong analytical skills, accident investigation, risk analysis - cause - effect, statistical analysis.
Self-management and motivation - plan own work schedule and requirements.
Frequent contact with senior management, internal and external, consultants and Regulatory bodies.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered between Â£35,000 - Â£40,000 + Package.