You are here
Electrical Controls Engineer
- Part of a leading Global Manufacturing Company
- Excellent Career Progression Plan with a Market Leadng Company
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturing company experiencing massive growth
- Support, initiate, deploy and sign off process improvement and efficiency improvement modifications to manufacturing systems at the manufacturing site
- Support the site engineering and operations team with any major breakdowns or faults at short notice
- Support or Lead Site controls engineering projects
Main responsibilities of the role
- To carry out specific engineering tasks delegated by the Divisional Automation Manager or Site Engineering Manager as appropriate
- Ensure all engineering work is in line with engineering and safety standards
- Be proactive and recommend business value added improvement initiatives
- To work closely with Production, Quality, Safety and other Controls team members to ensure that plant priorities are met and operation utilisation and availability targets are achieved.
- Attend operations meetings on behalf of the Controls department and take a pro-active approach from an engineering perspective
- Willingness to attend training to develop relevant self-knowledge and technical skills
- To support the local sites manufacturing process by being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults
- Provide software/electrical engineering discipline input into project/design teams executing specific projects on site
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experience required - Manufacturing - Flintshire - Electrical Controls Engineer
- Significant and demonstrated experience in electrical and software engineering, degree/HND qualified or equivalent with at least 5 years' experience in a similar industrial environment.
- Working knowledge of PLC's with certified training or demonstrated experience - ideally Siemens S7 300/400 with extensive programming and diagnosis experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of motion control systems deployed in a manufacturing environment with certified training or demonstrated experience - Ideally Siemens Simotion/Sinamics drives or similar motion systems
- Working knowledge of SCADA and Line reporting systems with certified training or demonstrated experience - ideally Rockwell FactoryTalk and/or Siemens WINCC suites
- Experience installing, fault finding on and configuring automation networks such as Industrial Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet etc.
- Experience fault finding of electrical control systems, including CNC controlled steel profiling and cutting machines
- Ability to perform technical electrical calculations and provide accurate schedules, reports, specifications and other information for review/approval by engineering staff
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
- A recognised Health and Safety and/or machinery safety qualification would be advantageous
- A flexible and pro-active approach with the ability to use judgment and make decisions in ambiguous and complex situations
- Exceptional engineering fault finding and diagnostic skills
What's on Offer
Circa £40,000 to £50,000