You are here
This position is now filled
Electrical Design Engineer
- Newly created role due to increase in customer orders
- Opportunity for further training and progression
About Our Client
The client is at the forefront of technology in its current market, designing and manufacturing bespoke, advanced equipment for a number of different industries.
- Carry out electrical design to meet business and customers specified requirements
- Provide a high level of commercial awareness to ensure design solutions are delivered in a cost effective manner & scope changes are managed in accordance in line with standard operation procedures
- Ensure schedules are understood and workload is managed to meet objectives
- Effectively communicate project status to the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Produce electrical design from concept to issuing drawings to production in line with customer needs and business objectives, utilise Barcode Scanning System
- Support specific projects ensuring timescales and budget requirements are achieved.
- Utilise third party/supplier software to calculate specific requirements.
- Works to the company's Technical Library of External Standards and Internal Instruction Manuals.
- Ensure data is inputted into the Company's Database.
- Understanding of BS/ISO application.
- Detail checking work of others.
- Conduct risk assessment on Machinery.
- Provide expert input to ensure that the most economical / advantageous design strategy is adopted through collaboration.
- Undertake additional responsibilities and tasks as required.
- Ensure innovative processes are implemented.
The Successful Applicant
- Possess a good understanding of electrical engineering principles.
- Competent (and confident) in all technical aspects of electrical design and development of special purpose machinery (ideally gained within a similar environment)
- Experience in delivering solutions to technical problems.
- Experience in electrical engineering design/design analysis.
- Experience of undertaking technical calculations.
- Experience of working within a multi skilled environment (i.e. knowledge of electrical and pneumatic components)
- Experience of technical projects including working to tight timescales throughout the project life cycle
- Experience and understanding of geometric tolerancing
- 3D CAD design experience (preferably Autodesk Inventor)
- 2D CAD design experience (AutoCAD)
- AutoCAD CAD Electrical 2016 design experience
- Experience of design for manufacture and assembly
- Ability to provide quality information within deadlines
- Empathy with other functions and projects
- Proactive interaction with other functions
- Team-player and ability to work on own initiative
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + OT
Company benefit scheme