You are here
Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Global manufacturing business
- Great opportunities within the organisation
About Our Client
Our client are a global manufacturing business who are based in Somerset who are looking for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician to join their busy team
- Supporting production through rapid response and troubleshooting to correct faults/breakdowns occurring with processes and facilities and ensuring that the correct spare parts are available for key processes.
- Input and setting up Maintenance Schedules through the Planned PM System.
- Responsible for the safe and proper working conditions of facilities & equipment, recommending unscheduled maintenance when potential problems are recognised and liaising with contractors when required.
- Work with Production Engineers to improve production processes through fault diagnosis & moving of production processes.
- Daily completion of assigned Maintenance Schedules.
- Ensure that machines meet legal requirements, using tools such as PUWER assessments to ascertain that they are compliant, after any repairs.
- Support Maintenance of Site activities when required to do so.
The Successful Applicant
- Completed time served apprenticeship or equivalent (ONC, HND)
- Fault finding on plc and control systems (Fanuc, Mitsubishi)
- Full understanding of 17th Edition wiring regulations BS 7671:2008
- Full understanding of Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience in fault finding on CNC equipment (Citizen, Matchmaker, Wickman, Hardinge)
- Previous experience of a production environment
- Excellent fault finding and diagnosis skills on a wide range of plant machinery
What's on Offer