You are here
Electrically bias Multi Skilled Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Fast Paced Manufacturing Environment - FMCG
About Our Client
Market leading FMCG manufacturer with a global presence
- Diagnosis, resolution and elimination of root causes of engineering faults
- Design, trial and implementation of minor equipment modifications in support of increased performance
- Completion of all scheduled, planned corrective, reactive and improvement maintenance as allocated
- Support to the implementation of permit to work system for control of contractor / internal activities within defined work area
- Ensure completion of equipment diaries, handover records, incident reports. Completion of notifications & Work orders within SAP PM for all work allocated to team. Raise purchase orders where required
- Attendance and input to all relevant operational, engineering and CI meetings.
- Maintain compliance to all internal and statutory legislation with particular regard to PTW, LOTO and Risk assessment
- Meet with engineering shift supervisor at start and end of shift to agree operational and engineering priorities.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of allocated annual equipment overhauls.
- Work collaboratively with all adjacent teams (PCs, Shift Managers Quality and Technical Ops) to resolve issues rapidly and drive improvement
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the principles of operation of production equipment
- Good knowledge of engineering principles and their practical application through industry standard generic components.
- Practical engineering skills including hand tools and machine tools.
- Awareness of the practical implications of all relevant Statutory legislation (PUWER, EAWA, Supply Of Machinery Regs, Functional Safety, pressure regs, gas regs, CDM etc)
- Planning skills for allocated work
- Working knowledge of Internal risk management standards - PTW (WAH, Hot, Confined, LOTO / Isolation, Chemical)
- Data analysis and identification of trends.
- Understanding of CI Methodologies and the associated tools (1 from Lean, 6 Sigma, TPM etc)
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Exceptional Fault Finding Skills including knowledge of structured Fault Finding Techniques (6 Point, 1/2 Split, Substitution, I/P to O/P, Emergence Seq)
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience of working within a similar FMCG manufacturing / factory engineering department
- Strong interpersonal and developed communication skills
- Decisive, pro-active, self motivated and assertive
- Internal customer focus with the ability to adapt to the variable demands of the business
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution
- Ability to work under own supervision
- Ability to influence, persuade and lead at all levels of the business
- Appropriate Technical Qualification (C&G Minimum, BTEC ONC / TEC 3 or higher preferred)
- IEE 17th Edition
- Completion of a recognised Apprenticeship
- IT literate - Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good analytical and numeric ability
- IOSH qualification (Preferred)
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- SAP user / Superuser
What's on Offer
£36,000 + overtime
3 on 3 off, days and nights shift pattern
Opportunity to progress in a business that invests in people, plant and process