You are here
Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer
- Large Blue Chip manufacturer
- Newly created role due to ongoing growth
About Our Client
A large scale Automotive business supplying into a number of OEM's globally. The business has plants in a number of countries including USA, Mexico and France and is backed by a large American business which ensures that the Plant is always kept at the forefront of Technology.
- Respond quickly and effectively to unplanned problems, breakdowns and emergency repairs to drive improvement efficiency.
- Provide solutions to failed situations - electrical and mechanical - providing comprehensive information about failures, fault findings, repairs and actions taken, liaising with other engineers and operational management;
- Work on installations and commissioning of new equipment across site;
- Provide reactive and PPM maintenance to site machinery, equipment and systems, utilising best practice, in a timely manner to the highest standards.
- Work on a variety of production-based machinery; ensure production is made within quality control parameters;
- Optimise line performance by maximising equipment available;
- Assist with site projects, including the installation of new equipment installations and machine modifications;
- Supervise contractors on-site ensuring compliance of all company EHS requirements;
- Co-ordinate and supervision of maintenance apprentice ensuring compliance of all company EHS requirements;
- Undertake continuous professional development and on-the-job training when required;
- Take seriously, and demonstrate best practice with regards to the Health, Safety & welfare of self and others;
- Deliver excellent house-keeping standards; control of maintenance tools, stores and equipment.
The Successful Applicant
Multi skilled electrical bias
Completed an apprenticeship or hold an engineering qualification .
17th Edition wiring regs preferred
Good problem solving
Have experience of repairing and maintaining manufacturing plant & equipment
Electrical Fault finding /diagnostic skills
PLC interrogation /fault finding experience
Electrical installation experience
Planned (PPM) and un-planned maintenance experience
Experience of TPM
Flexible approach to working
Skilled in root cause analysis
What's on Offer
Competitive starting salary + Shift allowance.
opportunity to develop into controls or Automation