You are here
EMEA Indirect Tax Manager
An EMEA Indirect Tax lead role with this listed Tecnology business
Based in their EMEA HQ this is primarily an advisory focussed role
About Our Client
Our client is a globally recognised Technology brand. They have rich history in both business to business hardware and software as well as in the consumer electronics space. With operations across the Americas, EMEA and Asia they are recognised as a market leader in their field.
Reporting to the Head of Tax for EMEA you will have responsibility for:
- International VAT planning - advising on all indirect tax aspects of the group's activities identifying areas where improvements can be made.
- Advising on the indirect tax aspects of any projects being undertaken by the group such as restructuring, implementation of group wide systems, shared service centres etc to ensure indirect tax compliance, identify and implement any planning possible.
- Adding value which produce P&L benefits by eliminating irrecoverable VAT and recovering overpaid VAT.
- Review processes and ensure that the minimum amount of VAT is payable.
- Frequent contact with the VAT and indirect tax authorities, and delegated authority to agree settlements with HMRC as they relate to VAT planning and possibly Customs issues.
- In conjunction with the Tax and Treasury Director, devise and develop an indirect tax strategy, and based on this work implement said strategy.
- Full accountability for Indirect Tax / VAT compliance across EMEA.
- Lead the management of the indirect tax aspect of external tax audits across Europe with appropriate assistance from local finance teams and local tax advisers.
- UK VAT Returns - prepare and submit a UK VAT return for the business in Europe. Review UK VAT return for the UK group companies.
- Customs Duty - liaise with customs duty specialists within the group to ensure that a co-ordinated approach is adopted, and actively seek planning opportunities to minimise customs duty.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you will posses the following qualifications and experience:
- Be Tax or Accountancy qualified
- Have experience in dealing with European VAT issues
- Proven track record in providing commercially focused Indirect Tax advice across EMEA
- Excellent communication skills
What's on Offer
Up £80,000 plus car, bonus and benefits