You are here
Emerging Markets Finance Manager
My client are a NASDAQ listed IT firm.
Newly created position due to growth in their emerging markets division.
About Our Client
My client are a global NASDAQ listed IT firm and the leaders within their field. They have experienced rapid growth due to an entrepreneurial mind-set.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts under US GAAP for legal entities in emerging markets, including making journal entries, accruals, and prepayments.
- Responsibility for the monthly management accounting for several branches set up in emerging markets, such as Kenya, Israel, and Ghana, to ensure correct costs in each branch.
- Co-ordinating with external advisors to ensure VAT and corporation tax compliance in all emerging market countries (entities and branches).
- Responsibility for financial statement preparation of the legal entities and branches, and co-ordination of external audits to comply with local regulations in each country.
- Responsibility to ensure all deadlines, in terms of reporting as well as tax payments, are met in each country.
- Monitoring of the monthly bank reconciliations and ensure items are cleared timely.
- Oversee monthly payroll payments and journal entries.
- Monthly review of each entity/branch P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Preparation and review of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations including upload into Process Unity.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end financial reporting.
- Overseeing the Accounts Payable and T&E expense processes ensuring that all costs and payments are correctly recorded.
- To ensure that all information required by the offshore finance team in India is sent in a timely fashion and in accordance with their accounting requirements.
- Liaising with the nearshore team to ensure timely and accurate monthly journal posting.
- Investigation and analysis of costs to resolve queries from the business.
- Responsibility to take the lead in project work to improve overall financial processes/functions/reporting (covering UK and Europe).
- To be involved in M&A projects within the emerging market region for finance
- To be involved in all systems and process initiatives that affect or influence the finance function.
The Successful Applicant
You'll be a self-starter and have a strong attention to detail. You'll be a qualified accountant with a track record of success. You may currently work in a smaller organisation, seeking a larger fast-paced environment.
- International experience, dealing with several locations and co-ordinating across time zones
- Experience in managing multi-entity/branch accounting
- Experience in tax and financial statements compliance in non UK companies
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be looking to develop career and experience
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits.