You are here
This position is now filled
Engineering Junior Buyer
- Exciting Graduate Engineering Buyer
- The next step in your career
About Our Client
My client that is based in Sheffield is a worldwide company that is ever growing, they are highly reputable and have a great name for developing talent. They are looking to hire a Engineering Junior Buyer to help support the growth of the company.
My client that is based in Sheffield is looking to hire an Engineering Junior Buyer, some of the key responsibilities for this role may include:
- Purchasing sub-contract goods in a project driven environment.
- Ensuring all Quality, Delivery and Cost KPIs are maintained in line with company expectation.
- Liaising with the Design Engineer's to ensure cost is 'engineered-out' prior to design release.
- Responsible for investigations of alternative materials, processes and technologies and their implementation into the business.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships at an appropriate level, carrying out supplier visits and hosted supplier visits and hosted supplier meetings where necessary.
- Ensure that supplier planning activity and reviews are undertaken, and where required, providing guidance to ensure that future operational needs are met.
- At all times maintain strict confidentiality regarding both supplier and company activity and information generally.
- To procure on a timely and cost effective basis.
- To develop close working partnerships and contracts with key suppliers.
- Develop contingency plans for product sourcing.
The Successful Applicant
My client that is based in Sheffield is looking to hire an Engineering Junior Buyer that has experience in fabrications, castings and also some of the below skills and qualities:
- Understands machine processes
- Ability to understand engineering drawings
- Strong team work (This role would be part of a small team)
- A high level of attention to detail and due diligence.
- Ability to analyse technical data designs and preliminary specifications against manufacturing limitations and
supplier capabilities to establish robust specifications
- Proactive attitude towards continuous improvement and change management.
- A natural problem solver.
- Good communicator across all levels.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and function well as part of a team.
- Strong Negotiation skills.Ability to prioritise work load.
- Excellent Organisational Skills.
What's on Offer
Â£25,000 - Â£28,000