You are here
This position is now filled
Engineering & Maintenance Manager
- Multi-million t/o UK manufacturing business - industrial fast pace, high volume
- Head of department - looking at PPM/TPM and resource allocation
About Our Client
Our client is a high volume, fast paced manufacturer of high quality parts supplying in to UK based OEM.
Strategy and Development
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works.
- Plan, raise and manage high value capex requirements for the site.
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operations of site
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively.
- Audit and ensure compliance of the engineering data systems
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximising planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime.
- Manage the team to ensure machine availability, reactively managing dysfunctional machinery with the shift management.
- Optimise equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement for all Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic systems are undertaken
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required.
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance materials spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure.
- Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties.
- Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment form gaining agreement to write off to physically removing it and its safe and lawful disposal.
- Produce written reports and make presentations to a variety of audiences
- Undertake continuous improvement training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advice others of any impact.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPI's) for each area of responsibility
- Ensure KPI's are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
Financial and Budget Control
- Input and hold responsibility for maintenance budgets
- Prepare the annual maintenance budget and forecasts and all capital expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completing of projects.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- External interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercially aware
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant manufacturing / engineering degree in preferred, or HND, BTEC qualification
- Extensive plant level experience with significant proven management experience
- Completed a fully indentured apprenticeship with a mechanical / electrical discipline
- Good technical capability and understanding
- Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP, lean manufacturing)
- Understanding of manufacturing and procurement / supply chain
- Understanding of TS16949, IOSH/NEBOSH, ISO 14001
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office
What's on Offer
Â£competitive basic salary