You are here
Engineering Manager - Shift
- Maintenance Engineering
- Fast Paced Manufacturing Environment
About Our Client
A market leading Food Manufacturing business are looking for a Shift Engineering Manager to join their progressive and growing team at their site in West Yorkshire
You will be responsible for:
- Liaise with the Engineering Management Team to plan & prioritise work to minimise machinery downtime & ensure maximum use of resources.
- Lead and support the business's asset care programme and demonstrate its behaviours .
- Have a hands on approach to repair and optimise the reliability of all equipment assets Co-ordinate maintenance priorities with the Maintenance team and ensure this is planned in advance to avoid production disruption Coach, develop and lead engineers to establish a culture that supports all aspects of manufacturing in a world-class environment.
-Control levels and accuracy of downtime and downtime recording to develop target areas. Continuously identify ways to reduce costs & improve standards & efficiency in all areas, ensure Quality Management Systems & procedures are followed in all areas of responsibility.
-Responsible for achieving budgeted figures. Achieve hygiene audit requirements, plan & manage planned shutdowns with Hygiene Manager Ensure company & statutory regulations & guidelines are followed.
- Undertake Crisis Incident Management, Accident and Near Miss investigations.
- Ensure standards of discipline are maintained, handling infringements in line with company discipline & grievance procedures. Lead by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty & integrity - develop & supports people through coaching and feedback.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application, you will ideally have the following;
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical Engineering, BTEC level 3 in Mechanical & Electrical/Electronic Engineering)
- IEE qualification up to 17th edition Wiring Regulations Have a proven track record in an Engineering and fault finding role gained from within a FMCG environment (Ideally Food Industry)
- Strong leadership and coaching skills in order to engage, motivate and develop on shift Engineers in this demanding environment.
- Proven track record in delivering strong results through a team in a people management role gained from within a Manufacturing, or similar, environment is therefore essential.
- It is desirable if this included leading a team of engineers. You will also possess excellent communication skills, build effective relationships, demonstrate assertiveness and decision making skills and have a can do attitude to your work.
- The nature of the role demands the ability to problem solve and fault diagnosis, report information/findings, develop recommendations, and implement process changes in order to improve operational performance. The ability to demonstrate this through previous experience is therefore essential.
What's on Offer
£competitive + excellent benefits