You are here
- Market leading Food Manufacturer in West Yorkshire
- Engineering Manager to strategise and implement systems and procedures
About Our Client
Market leading Food Manufacturing business are looking for an Engineering Manager to join lead their Engineering function at their site in West Yorkshire
Reporting into the Factory Manager, responsible for a team of 12. You will be responsible for the following:
- Lead a responsible team of engineering professionals by managing the development and implementation of their maintenance strategy.
- Improve key engineering KPI's, downtime, productivity, expenditure, OEE
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is effectively maintained to a level that sustains and improves capabilities.
- Introduce maintenance strategies that progress and support improvements to meet the site and business objectives.
- Ensure all reactive and planned maintenance is completed to the standards required and signed back to production in a proficient and timely manner.
- Initiate and manage change by providing supportive and strategic leadership which will maximise plant performance.
- Develop an environment of continuous improvement and create a fully integrated engineering department.
- Ensure training and briefing of all staff and Procedures, Works Instructions and Company Information is controlled.
- Support Company systems including; BRC, HACCP and CCP adherence throughout the site.
- To immediately report any incidences of poor manufacturing practice, H&S, quality incidents or food safety concerns to any member of the Senior Management team.
- To ensure appropriate communication and hand-over between shifts.
- To manage all HR issues for the department, with the assistance of the Factory Manager and HR Advisor.
- Own and control the engineering budget for the factory.
- Take overall responsibility and project manage any engineering assignments within the factory.
- Continually review and develop a flexible engineering structure which supports the changing needs of the plant and the demands of the business.
- Develop a multi skilled maintenance team capable of utilising new technologies.
- Support the development and implementation of "Correct Skilling" for production operators, where engineers support knowledge transfer to enable more efficient plant operation.
- Lead the engineering team in developing operators' basic cleaning, inspection and maintenance tasks to drive lean at a machine operation level.
The Successful Applicant
- A pride in delivering excellent results through a team
- A passion for striving for high performance
- Determination and a will to succeed
- Commitment to further personal development including training to a recognised qualification.
- To have excellent people skills and the ability to influence effectively.
- Experience within a Manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical and decision making capability.
- To be capable of managing and implementing change
- To be capable of project managing initiatives effectively
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £60,000* + Benefits
*Depending on experience