You are here
- Excellent opportunity to join Berendsen at an exciting time
- Opportunity to join a site that is experiencing huge investment
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Health-care, Work-wear and Facility. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe. In the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
Working as an Engineering Manager you will:
- Ensure compliance with regulations for fire and alarm systems, PAT, pressure valves, etc, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Ensure risk assessments/COSSH/RIDDOR, etc are implemented and undertaken and accident prevention measures are initiated as required.
- Providing training to engineers and operators on new machinery, using the machinery documentation and SSOWs.
- Investigate, analyse and implement corrective actions to resolve all production/engineering problems eliminating unplanned downtime and continuously improving working practices.
- Ensure retention of any relevant accreditations for the Engineering department (e.g. ISO/EN14065), inclusive of planned preventative maintenance.
- Lead, manage, control and develop employees (including absence, performance management, grievances and Health and Safety Training) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience lean (Six Sigma) implementation of lean manufacturing systems
- Excellent communicator with first hand direct people management experience
- IT skills (email, all MS Office software including Project and PowerPoint);
- Excellent organisation skills;
- The ability to quickly learn technical terminology and processes
- Leadership skills
- Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting;
- Good decision making skills;
- Good written and verbal skills
- ERP systems (AX preferred)
What's on Offer
This role is paying between £35,000 - 55,000 + Package