You are here
- Exciting Engineering Manager role with leading FTSE 250 company.
- Opportunity to join a site that is experiencing huge investment.
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facilities. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe. They are a FTSE250 company and in the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
The Engineering Manager will lead, manage and continually develop the Engineering teams in the achievement of functional objectives that support the Site/Plant and Company Business Plan. Work closely with the manufacturing and production team to continuously improve site overall equipment effectiveness, people development and a lean culture.
- Ensure compliance with regulations for fire and alarm systems, PAT, pressure valves, etc, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Ensure risk assessments/COSSH/RIDDOR, etc are implemented and undertaken and accident prevention measures are initiated as required.
- Plan, monitor and ensure appropriate safety training is completed.
- Ensure PPM schedule is adhered to and highlight issues to Line Manager.
- Planning, organising and coordinating resources to meet production requirements of ongoing maintenance, machine replacement and unplanned issues.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment as per production requirements.
- Monitor and continuously improve machine availability and effectiveness.
- Work with approved suppliers to obtain parts and machinery.
- Work with the Technical Manager to coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Ensure all plant property, equipment and other assets are fit for purpose in compliance and Group standards and best practices.
- Ensure retention of any relevant accreditations for the Engineering department (e.g. ISO/EN14065), inclusive of planned preventative maintenance.
- Providing training to engineers and operators on new machinery, using the machinery documentation and SSOWs.
- Lead, manage, control and develop employees (including absence, performance management, grievances and Health and Safety Training) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
- Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with Line Manager, monitoring, managing and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget, investigating and resolving any variances.
- To review all functional activities, develop, propose and if agreed implement improvements to ensure continuous improvement through increasing effectiveness, efficiency and added value.
- Lead the reduction of impact to the environment e.g. WECO usage within the site
- Investigate, analyse and implement corrective actions to resolve all production/engineering problems eliminating unplanned downtime and continuously improving working practices.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level within an engineering discipline and/or time served as an apprentice with knowledge of electrical/mechanical/steam operations.
- Knowledgde of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- Knowledge of managing a team, particularly in a production/process facility.
- Knowledge of lean (Six Sigma) implementation of lean manufacturing systems.
- Excellent communicator with first hand direct people management knowledge.
- Good written, verbal and organisational skills.
- Can listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
- Good attention to detail and can analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- Organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- IT skills (email, all MS Office software including Project and PowerPoint)
- Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting.
What's on Offer
£40,000 + £50,000 + Benefits