You are here
- Senior Management Role
- New role in a growing company
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading global manufacturing company, with excellent opportunities for career progression. They are experiencing massive growth and need an engineering manager to take an extensive role in the vision and strategy of the business moving forward.
Managing a team of circa 30 engineers, you will have the following responsibilities:
- To lead and develop a team of plant engineers and engineering technicians
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of HSE awareness, housekeeping and quality of work.
- Allocation of maintenance resources on a day-to-day basis to ensure compliance with the engineering schedule.
- Ensure that engineering personnel are providing value adding feedback through the company's Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Adopting a proactive approach to reducing the impact and frequency of faults on process machinery.
- Liaising with manufacturing colleagues to identify windows of opportunity for carrying out project / engineering related work.
- Identify and generate with engineering and other disciplines Final Design Specifications and justifications for capital expenditure projects and value adding improvement initiatives, where appropriate.
- Plan shutdowns in conjunction with other engineering personnel to ensure that they are run as effectively as possible and ensure that availability, HSE and quality targets for assets are met.
- Identify areas of best practice within and external and apply to own area of responsibility.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the engineering function and take a proactive role in the meetings from an engineering perspective.
- Generate meaningful KPIs that demonstrate the improvements realised in own area of responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate proven capability and track record in the following areas:
- Significant and demonstrated experience in deploying planned and preventative engineering strategies.
- Degree/diploma qualified or equivalent, or extensive experience within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Hands on engineering experience with the ability to diagnose complex manufacturing engineering related problems.
- Proven man management skills with an emphasis on development of a team.
- Excellent organisational, planning, communication and time management skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
Ability to use clear judgement and make methodical decisions in ambiguous and pressure situations.
What's on Offer
Circa £60,000 plus bonus plus benefits.