You are here
Client Authorisation Required
- Derbyshire-based global high precision components manufacturer
- Member of Senior Management Team with clear career succession planning
About Our Client
My client is a leading precision engineering rubber components manufacturer with a global footprint and market base. Presently they are embarking on a change management journey that will propel U.K. manufacturing into the hub of Operations Excellence.
Based in Derbyshire, the Engineering Manager will be challenged to implement innovative technical and operational processes to drive productionisation, New Product Introduction (NPI) and continuous improvements. This individual will also be traveling globally.
- Reviewing the current Engineering processes (NPI, PFMEA, traceability etc); develop a vision and roadmap for future best in class performance. Implement the plan in collaboration with the Operations team.
- Improve and maintain a robust NPI & Engineering change process.
- Contribute to design reviews in ensuring that our product is designed for Manufacture & Assembly and meet goals on operational efficiency, yield, costs and quality.
- Direct, review and approve product design, changes - and build definition where appropriate - in accordance with defined requirements and ensuring that end product is passed to Production in a timely, complete and accurate manner.
- Manage an engineering team to include definition of job descriptions, performance measures and objectives, training and personal development requirements.
- Management and allocation of resources and skills by agreement and negotiation with departmental leads to ensure achievement of business objectives
- Develop the product portfolio technically and commercially
The Successful Applicant
Engineering Degree-qualified, strongly preferred. Must have experience in a process-driven manufacturing environment.
New Product Introduction & Engineering Change Management knowledge.
Proven ability to manage & motivate a team.
Should be resourceful to carrying out duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge of design techniques and principles.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and package