You are here
Engineering Project Manager
- Capital Project Management
- FMCG Manufacturing
About Our Client
UK leading food manufacturing business turning over billions of pounds annually, providing a wide range of food products to retail and food service customers.
The Engineering Project Manager has full engineering responsibility on site for the implementation of the Capital investment programme to budget and time scale, and to ensure that engineering and operator asset development including the appropriate training programme is achieved.
The Engineering Project Manager must support the Engineering, Operations and Site service functions. The person in this role will need to support the Engineering Manager to ensure professional standards of engineering are maintained and resources are available to meet all aspects of operational performance. Functionally reporting into the Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety and Welfare of yourself and your contractors/engineers in your direct control;
- Responsible for implementing the Project Management guidelines and managing key milestones by project;
- Responsible for all aspects of environmental emissions for yourself and your contractors/engineers in your direct control;
- To have a good working relationship with the management team to enable effective communication to take place;
- Control capital expenditure to budget by project;
- Ensure an adequate and secure supply of machinery spares is retained on site, to meet the needs of the routine replacements of component and emergency breakdown;
- Improve communication to engineering and site teams on capital projects;
- Reduce Energy and Utilities consumed per saleable tonne;
- Reduction in Downtime through CI and Improvement teams;
- Ensure Internal Supplier / Customer relationships and information flows are improved to deliver the production process;
- Ensure that Company Rules, collective agreements, grievances and disciplinary procedures are correctly and consistently applied, where appropriate liaising with the HR Manager.
The Successful Applicant
- Engineering HND qualified or equivalent;
- Relevant and demonstrable experience within the food industry would be preferable;
- Lean manufacturing techniques would be desirable;
- PRINCE 2 Project Management
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative and forward thinking business and will lead to excellent career prospects for the right person.