You are here
- ER Manager required within Shared Service operation
- Providing ER support for national energy company
About Our Client
The organisation are a large utilities company with millions of customers across the UK. This opportunity is within the new shared services operation for the organisation.
Manages Employee Relations cases, in line with ER policy, processes, tools and frameworks based on current legislation, good practice and business needs
* Provides specialist and technical expertise through ER case management, in accordance with the organisation's policies, processes and guidelines and the capabilities expected of a Senior ER Manager
* Provides ER input to key projects and business initiatives as required, either on a case management basis or as part of a team dedicated to supporting the needs of an initiative alongside HR shared services colleagues from other areas
* Escalates complex cases to Senior ER Managers of the Director, UK Employee Relations as appropriate
* Monitors own performance against service standards to ensure that support and services are provided in line with established SLAs and KPIs
* Coaches Line Managers on management of ER issues, to ensure they take accountability and that they possess the required capability and skillset
* Proactively uses case management technology, record and maintain accurate records of all referred ER cases in the appropriate case management system, identifies and updates knowledge management articles and content for access by ER colleagues, HR Partners and Line Managers
* Ensures compliance with legal or regulatory changes
* Identifies and escalates potential risks associated with ER, including proposed mitigating actions
* Works with Line Managers and HR Partners to proactively identify and mitigate emerging ER issues.
* Identifies high-impact ER issues/risks and institute mitigation steps in partnership with HR Partners.
The Successful Applicant
* Is able to determine the root cause of a query and provide direction and guidance on the best course of action
* Builds meaningful relationships with customers in acting as a trusted advisor
* Confidently manages a wide range of priorities and activities in a dynamic business environment
* Is able to resolve complex or uncommon problems by applying consistent logic and proven methods
* Is confident working with a variety of customers and stakeholders to address complex and ambiguous problems, influencing outcomes
* Has knowledge of relevant UK employment compliance and reporting requirements.
* Proactively seeks to understand both external and internal ER trends and issues, to inform continuous improvement strategies
* Has the ability to consider the organisational context while delivering in role
* Is able to operate in, and lead work packages in a project environment, working closely with colleagues in the ER function and elsewhere to deliver successful ER interventions in support of organisational change
* Has the ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgement with little day-to-day supervision
* Is able to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
* Has experience working in a shared service organisation
* Has knowledge and experience in HR covering a breadth of activities and best in class HR practices and policies.
* Has previously influenced Line Managers and driven / implemented a HR shared service offering
* Whilst deep functional experience in Employee Relations is not a prerequisite, applicants should have a strong background in either a generalist or operational HR role
What's on Offer