You are here
EU Sourcing Manager
- Exciting opportunity to join an established, fast-paced, growing organisation
- Developing and implementing EU sourcing strategies, based in Leicestershire
About Our Client
My client are a global organisation, operating within both a manufacturing and stockist/distribution environment. They are continuously bringing new products to market and keeping ahead of the competition. They manufacture some of their own products on particular sites, whilst other products are sourced from the Far East and also sub-contract manufactured products.
The role of EU Sourcing Manager will be focused on the management and development of projects to achieve cost savings, supplier rationalisation and strategies while improving the quality of supplies and service. This role may involve some international travel to meet with suppliers and other areas of the business. There will be no direct reports initially but there will be the opportunity over time to build a team.
Other responsibilities of the EU Sourcing Manager based in Leicestershire include:
- Programme management of projects from beginning to end, provide support role on other projects, or contribute data analysis to stimulate project charters.
- Manage supplier selection and risk analysis for new projects. Support the Programme Manager on the supply base goals and objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement in the supply chain development process to identify, recommend, and implement improvements to various supply chain using fact based approach from internal data sources, industry knowledge, and best practices.
- May serve as part of the customer order fulfilment escalation process helping to break barriers with supplier concerns and provide the sourcing support.
- Lead cross-functional alignment efforts with business groups (such as engineering and purchasing) in the supplier selection process and contract/price negotiation process.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be educated to degree-level and experienced within a fast-moving, B2B, consumer orientated environment. You will have strong project management experience with scope, schedule, budget, and resource tracking; together with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines.
You will have proven success within implementation of processes and EU sourcing strategies. Low cost country sourcing experience is essential and any experience of working with the US would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be driven, results-focused and have strong vendor and stakeholder management. You will have the ability to work closely and effectively with other business segments and have a high degree of data management and financial analysis skills; with ability to draw and communicate conclusions that are actionable.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the role of EU Sourcing Manager will be offered upwards of £50'000/PA plus benefits, dependant on experience and profile.