You are here
European R&D Regulatory Affairs Manager
- BSc/Msc in Science/Food subject a must
- Well established food business
About Our Client
The business have a track record of promoting internally but due to considerable expansion and ambitious growth plans, this position is newly created to support the future pipeline of work. Working with both branded and own brand products, this is an exciting opportunity to join at a key stage of growth.
- Provide continued regulatory guidance and support to, and collaborate with, members of the cross-functional team (R&D, Marketing, Legal, QA, Initiatives, Operations, Communications) to: 1) prepare and review artwork and marketing communications materials, 2) prepare message tracks for business-sensitive issues, 3) support the Consumer Careline with new initiatives & consumer enquiries, and 4) prepare tender dossiers for distributors and provide assurance of regulatory compliance to customers.
- Represent the Company at external meetings to help maintain constructive relationships with the external networks (regulators, trade associations), respecting anti-trust rules.
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to maintain and improve key work processes and systems (NPD Gate Process, R&D Technical Readiness Process, Claim Approval, Product Portfolio)
- Track, map & understand regulatory developments on food (mainly EU, but increasingly international) to help define & develop the category Regulatory Strategy to ensure on-going compliance.
- Create / develop / establish / maintain a repository or database, accessible by the R&D Team to hold regulatory-related documentation / relevant legislation.
- Ongoing organisational education to build awareness of the Regulatory function and provide technical understanding of relevant legislation and processes.
- Support the EU Regulatory Affairs Department in all administrative matters.
The Successful Applicant
A scientist background with either a BSc or Msc.
- Food Science & Technology (knowledge of food ingredients, processing, packaging etc.)
- Nutrition (knowledge of physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, nutrients, functional ingredients e.g. pre- and probiotics)
- Biomedical Science / Pharmacology (biochemistry, microbiology, anatomy, physiology)
- Engineering (design / functionality of equipment, manufacturing processes etc.
- Commercial experience in an FMCG company in the area of Regulatory Affairs or a research-based function.
- A good level of technical understanding and literacy in both legal and scientific matters
- Initiative, self-motivation, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Strong Team-working skills
What's on Offer
£50,000 + 10% bonus + phc + pension + company benefits